The Tobacco-Free Kids Action Fund is working to free America's youth from tobacco addiction and save lives by fighting Big Tobacco, mounting education and advocacy campaigns to support anti-tobacco policies, and educating voters about the tobacco-related positions of elected officials and candidates for elected office.
Our primary goals are to:
- Advocate for proven solutions to reduce tobacco use and its terrible toll in health, lives and money. These solutions include smoke-free workplace laws, tobacco prevention and cessation programs, higher taxes on tobacco products, and U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulation of tobacco products and marketing.
- Encourage voter support for ballot initiatives to establish effective tobacco prevention policies (and oppose tobacco-related ballot questions that go against public health goals or protect cigarette companies)
- Expose and counter the efforts of the tobacco industry to influence the political process and defeat tobacco control efforts.
- Educate the public about the positions on tobacco-related issues taken by candidates seeking public office at the state, local and federal level.
- Run aggressive independent campaigns and take other effective action to support tobacco control champions who are candidates for state and local offices to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
The Tobacco-Free Kids Action Fund is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization affiliated with but separate from the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Learn more about the relationship between these two organizations.
The Tobacco-Free Kids Action Fund depends on its members for contributions. Contributions to the Action Fund can be made online.
TFK Action Fund Board Members and Executive Officers